Effective Date: January 09, 2019
This Section specifies the privacy and data retention practices in connection with WalkMe Mobile™, a software development kit (SDK) that enables Users to develop interactive mobile guidance and engagement for native mobile applications (which may be referred to in this Section as the “Service”). For information regarding the WalkMe System™ or the WalkMe Site please see the relevant Section(s). For a complete view of privacy practices relevant to you, please also read the General Section.
A. WHAT INFORMATION MAY WE COLLECT ON USERS OF WALKME MOBILE™AND HOW?
WalkMe Mobile™ collects the following data:
- Information Collected from Customer’s Application. If you are a Customer who wants to utilize WalkMe Mobile™ on a mobile application that you own, control, license, or use, we may collect the name of the application and version of the application.
- Information Collected from End Users of the Application. When an End User uses an application with WalkMe Mobile™, we may collect a randomly generated identifier which by default does not contain Personal Information but which may link to Personal Information if Customer actively chooses for it to do so; timestamp; phone number; masked IP address; and general location information, based on algorithms, to guess if you are using the application from home or from work, however this information does not include your precise geolocation. In addition, we retain IP addresses in logs for security purposes.
- Technical and Behavioral Information. We may also collect technical and behavioral information including: the interaction of the End User with the Service; device type (e.g. smartphone, tablet, etc.); operating system (e.g. iOS, Android); network provider; platform; timestamp; API key (identifier for application); model, manufacture and OS version of device; session start/stop time; country location; time zone; and the number of times you run an application and the time and place where you run it based on your IP. We also use (but do not store) information from the sensors in the End User’s device such as the accelerometer, gyroscope.
- Information about In App Messaging. The Service may provide In App messaging, in which case we may collect some or all of the following: (i) the content type of the In App Messaging (what the Offering is about, e.g., games, finance, entertainment, news); (ii) the Offering type (e.g. whether the Offering is text, image, or video based); (ii) certain information about post-click/consumption activity in relation to the Offering.
- Contact details for the Customer: WalkMe may also collect the email addresses of people who communicate with WalkMe via email or create accounts and receive login credential. In certain cases.
- Although we do not use the information we collect to identify who you are, some of the information collected may be considered Personal Information in some jurisdictions. Some of the data and information we collect can indirectly be used to identify you, while other data and information (such as your location or how often you use a certain app) can only be used to identify you when combined with other information. We also use some of this data and information in an aggregate form that does not identify you personally.
- Special Features. Customer may use certain features which may cause the system to collect and store additional Personal Information (“Special Features”). Those features are turned off by default. These Special Features may include.
- API Calls: WalkMe Mobile supports a set of API functions that allow the app to enrich the information regarding the End Users (“API Calls”), API Calls may require WalkMe Mobile to collect additional Personal Information namely information about the End User’s actions in the app (through API Goals) and information about the app’s End User (through the User Attributes API or End User Identifier API).To make use of the API functions, Customers have to embed the API to WalkMe Mobile.Customers are responsible for the lawful and fair collection of Personal Information through API calls in WalkMe Mobile, and to hold any consent, permit or license required by applicable to facilitate the collection, retention and use or processing or storage of any data.WalkMe is not aware of the nature of the information collected through the API calls. Such information may include Personal Information about an individual’s race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union physical or mental health or condition, criminal offences, or related proceedings or any other data considered as sensitive under applicable law (“Sensitive Information“).
B. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ON USERS OF THE WALKME MOBILE™SERVICE?
We collect the information listed above through your use of the Service. In other words, when you are using the Service we are aware of it and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage. The system starts to collect data as soon as WalkMe Mobile™ is integrated to the Customer’s application.
C. WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF THE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION IN WALKME MOBILE™?
- Passively Collected Information is collected in order to:
- Provide Customers and other Users with the Service
- For customization and improvement of the Service.
- Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Operate the Service which includes:
- Contacting Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance and other related information about the Service.
- Replying to User’s queries.
- Troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity.
- For risk control, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal processes and law enforcement requirements.
- Operate the Service which includes:
D. SHARING INFORMATION GATHERED THROUGH THE WALKME MOBILE™WITH THIRD PARTIES
E. MODIFICATION OR DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION GATHERED TROUGH WALKME MOBILE™
If for any reason a User wishes to modify, delete or retrieve his/her Personal Information, s/he may do so by contacting the applicable Controller (as defined in the General Section) (e.g. the provider of the platform on which the WalkMe System™ is operating). The Controller shall perform the necessary process to identify the User as a User who has a the right to retrieve the specific information and then furnish to WalkMe the data required to be amended, deleted or retrieved together with a specific identification of the User and data (as shall be applicable for the specific Service provided and the requested data – for instance IP address and time of uploading the information to WalkMe’s servers (IP address is not enough for an identification of User or data)). WalkMe cannot retrieve data without a specific identification of User and data. WalkMe may not be able to delete, amend or retrieve User’s information without the Controller’s instructions and authorization.
Please note that Personal Information may be either deleted or retained in an anonymized manner (i.e. without being linked to any identifiers or Personal Information) depending on technical commercial capability. Such anonymized information may continue to be used by WalkMe for the purpose of operating the Service or for WalkMe’s legitimate interest without derogating from users’ rights..
For any request or question regarding deletion or amendment of User data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at the contact details listed in the General Section and we shall make efforts to respond and support your request within 30 days.
F. DATA RETENTION – WALKME MOBILE™
Any Customer may request information regarding the storage and retention of data (“Audit”) by contacting us. WalkMe shall make reasonable efforts to respond to the Audit in reasonable time and subject to applicable law and to the protection of WalkMe’s trade secrets.
WalkMe will retain data it processes on behalf of its Customers only for as long as required to provide the Service to its Customers and as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce its agreements.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Customer, after a request from the Customer to delete any data an automated process will begin that permanently deletes the data in accordance with the timelines set forth in the tables below. Once initiated, this process cannot be reversed and data will be permanently deleted.
|Type||Timeline for Deletion (after deletion process begins) for Cancellation, Termination or Migration|
|Access Logs||2 years|
|Data in Analytics Platform||90 days|
|Communications regarding requests for data deletion and exercise of individual rights||At least 24 months|
G. COOKIES & PASSIVE COLLECTION WITH WALKME MOBILE™
H. THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE/SERVICE
We may use third-party software and/or services in order to collect and/or process the information detailed herein. Such software includes:
|Amazon Web Services Inc.||Seattle, Washington, United States||Hosting infrastructure services||https://aws.amazon.com/privacy|
|Akamai Technologies Inc.||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States||CDN, WAF services||https://www.akamai.com/us/en/privacy-policies/|
|Cloudflare Inc.||San Francisco 101 Townsend St San Francisco, CA 94107||CDN, WAF services||https://www.cloudflare.com/security-policy/|
|Logz.io LTD.||Tel Aviv, Israel||Logging services||https://logz.io/about-us/privacy-policy/|
I. QUESTIONS, CONTACT INFORMATION AND COMPLAINTS
Please do not hesitate to contact us:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-4WALKME (925563 – Toll Free Number).
525 Market Street
San Francisco, California, 94105
Or contact WalkMe’s Data Protection Officer at:
525 Market Street
San Francisco, California, 94105