Last Revised: September 18, 2017
This Section specifies the privacy and data retention practices in connection with Visions™ (which may be referred to in this Section as the “Service”). For information regarding WalkMe Mobile™, the WalkMe System™ or the WalkMe Site please see the relevant Section(s). For a complete view of privacy practices relevant to you, please also read the General Section.
a. What Information May We Collect on Users of the Vision™ Service?
- Information Collected from Customers. If you are a Customer who wants to utilize Visions™ on an application or website that you own, control, license or use, we may ask you for your name (first and last), company name, phone number, email address, and payment information (such as credit card). We will also collect information about your usage of the Service, which can be used to identify the Customer, and all email correspondence between you and WalkMe. WalkMe also utilizes Visions™ for tracking the use of Customers on the Service (please see more information in the Section about information collected form End Users below).
- Information Collected from End Users of websites or applications using Visions™. Whenever a visitor visits Customer’s website or application, Customer via Visions™ may collect information from such visitor regarding his or her use of that website or application, such as pages visited, links clicked, non-sensitive text entered (if Customer chooses to collect it), and mouse movements, as well as information more commonly collected such as his/her IP address, referring URL, browser, operating system, cookie information, CSS animations and dynamic content (“Visitors’ Information“). Visitors’ Information, in the aggregate, may be considered as Personal Information as it may be linked to a user identifier or may include Personal Information. Visitors’ Information may include: User unique ID (stored in a cookie for tracking and may be stored on our servers), Visitors’ clicks/touches on elements, changes to input field (like text fields, CSS selector or timestamp), elements and session meta-data, input on fields (depending on Customers settings), system errors, window size and changes to size, User agent (browser, device), mouse position, page snapshot, whether a user clicked on a play or pause button of a video, and other events (scrolling, focusing, hiding pages etc.). Such information may identify the visitor.Visions™ uses IP addresses to determine End Users’ geolocation (country and city in which you are located) to allow Customers to block recordings for certain End Users.By default, Visions™ does not record any keystrokes. This is the recommended setting, but can be changed via the settings page.Visions™ never records password inputs and provides the ability to specify that other elements of your website or application will not be tracked.
b. How Do We Collect Information on Users of the Visions™ Service?
- Automatic Collections of Information. When You use the Service we gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of third-party services as detailed below.
- Information You Provide to Us. You provide us information, including Personal Information or Personal Data, when you communicate with us, including for instance providing your email when you contact support.
- Collection to Local Storage. We also collect Information through cookies and other technologies as detailed below.
c. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information in the Visions™ Service?
- Non-Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Provide Customers and Users with the Service
- For customization and improvement of the Service.
- Personal Information and Personal Data is collected in order to:
- Operate the Service which includes:
- Contacting Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance and other related information about the Service.
- Replying to User’s queries.
- Troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity.
- For risk control, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal processes and law enforcement requirements.
- Operate the Service which includes:
d. Sharing Information gathered through Visions™ with Third-Parties
e. Modification or Deletion of Personal Information Gathered Through Visions™
If, for any reason, a User wishes to modify, delete or retrieve his/her Personal Information, s/he may do so by contacting the applicable Controller (as defined in the General Section) (e.g. the provider of the platform on which the Visions™ is operating). The Controller shall perform the necessary process to identify the User as a User who has a the right to retrieve the specific information and then furnish to WalkMe the data required to be amended, deleted or retrieved together with a specific identification of the User and data (as shall be applicable for the specific Service provided and the requested data – for instance IP address and time of uploading the information to WalkMe’s servers (IP address is not enough for an identification of User or data)). WalkMe cannot retrieve data without a specific identification of User and data. WalkMe may not be able to delete, amend or retrieve User’s information without the Controller’s instructions and authorization.
Please note that Personal Information may be either deleted or retained in an anonymized manner (i.e. without being linked to any identifiers or Personal Information or Personal Data) depending on technical commercial capability. Such anonymized information may continue to be used by WalkMe for the purpose of operating the Service.
For any request or question regarding deletion or amendment of User data, you can contact us at the contact details listed in the General Section and we shall make efforts to respond and support your request.
f. Data Retention – Visions™
Any Customer may request information regarding the storage and retention of data (“Audit”) by contacting us. WalkMe shall make reasonable efforts to respond to the Audit in a reasonable time and subject to applicable law and to the protection of WalkMe’s trade secrets.
Visions™ sessions are stored for a short period of time on our database, after which they are moved to a secure S3 storage on amazon AWS. WalkMe will retain data it processes on behalf of its Customers only for as long as required to provide the Service to its Customers and as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce its agreements.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Customer, after a request from the Customer to delete any data an automated process will begin that permanently deletes the data in accordance with the timelines set forth in the tables below. Once initiated, this process cannot be reversed and data will be permanently deleted.
|Type||Timeline for Deletion (after deletion process begins) for Cancellation, Termination or Migration|
|Data in Analytics Platform||90 days|
g. Cookies & Passive Collection and Opt Out – Visions™
Local Storage is a standard facility provided by HTML5 compliant browsers used to retain data on your computer across visits to the same website. We use local storage as a temporary holding area for user events that were observed locally but, due to the timing of a page unload, were unable to be transmitted as part of the user session. Return visits to the same website read and transmit events previously stored in local storage to complete previously recorded sessions.
If an End User wishes to prevent all websites using Visions™ from recording his/her activity, s/he can opt out. Opting out will create a cookie that tells Visions™ to turn off recording. The presence of this cookie is required to continue opting out, so if a User clears its browser cookies, s/he will have to opt out again.
We may use standard internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of the Customer’s website. We also may include web beacons in email or InApp messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer visitors to the Website to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
Some web browsers may transmit Do Not Track signals to websites with which the browser communicates, telling the Service not to follow its online movements. Because of differences in how web browsers interpret this feature, it is not always clear whether Users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they are even aware of them. Therefore, WalkMe’s website currently does not respond to such Do Not Track signals.
h. Third-Party Software/Service
i Questions, Contact Information and Complaints
Please do not hesitate to contact us:
email@example.com or 1-855-4WALKME.
525 Market Street
San Francisco, California, 94105
Or contact WalkMe’s Data Protection Officer at:
525 Market Street
San Francisco, California, 94105