What Is a Digital Automation Platform?
Digital automation platforms automate and streamline a wide variety of business functions, offering an equally wide range of benefits.
Enterprise-grade digital automation platforms are highly robust and can impact virtually any aspect of a business.
The most advanced platforms cater exclusively to large corporate customers.
Common use cases include the automation of:
- Repetitive human tasks, such as data entry or administrative tasks
- Content distribution and management
- Certain types of decision-making
- Business-wide workflows
- Accounting or financial functions
- Employee onboarding and software training
Regardless of the nature of the automation, digital automation platforms almost always generate significant ROI.
That ROI can come in the form of:
- Decreased human labor time
- Increased development or production speed
- Lower use of resources
- More satisfied employees, users, and customers
Digital automation platforms are implemented as part of digital transformation initiatives.
While digital transformation refers holistically to business-wide changes, digital automation restricts its definition to the automation of human tasks.
Digital automation platforms are also distinct from digital adoption platforms (DAPs). DAPs can be considered a type of digital automation platform. They focus on automating software training, employee onboarding, and digital adoption processes.
Regardless of the use case, digital automation platforms deliver exceptional ROI to enterprise customers.
As technology continues to evolve, digital automation platforms will become more commonplace in organizations of every size.