What Are the Benefits of Robotic Process Automation (RPA)?
Robotic process automation (RPA) refers to the automation of human tasks with software, or “bots.”
RPA platforms and tools can be applied to any number of business functions. Currently, repetitive tasks that require little human judgement serve as ideal areas for automation.
Examples of RPA include:
- Automating invoice creation, distribution, and processing via SaaS platforms
- Automation of various financial functions, such as account report generation, order processing, and fraud detection
- Marketing automation, such as automated split testing and content distribution
There are many advantages of such automation, namely:
- Decreased human labor time, which cuts salary costs
- Improved speed for a given process
- No changes required to existing infrastructure
The “robotic” in “robotic process automation” refers to the concept certain human tasks are taken over by automated technology that interacts with existing software, which is why no infrastructure changes are required when implementing RPA tools.
One advantage here is that RPA tools can be implemented non-destructively. Another is that benefits are quickly realized after implementation.
There are countless ways to apply RPA to a business, with almost as many potential benefits. In today’s digital world, businesses are increasingly embracing automation tools, saving them time, money, and resources.