What is a Digital Accelerator?
A digital accelerator is a program or initiative designed to help companies in leveraging technology to reshape their workflows and respond to the call of the times.
While often linked to digital transformation, digital acceleration is more focused on how fast an organization is able to embrace digitalization and make fundamental changes in the way it does business. While transformation is a specific process with an end goal, acceleration is a continuous and constant effort that helps companies evolve and keep moving forward despite the challenges that arise.
Companies can make use of available technologies like mobile, cloud services, automation, machine learning (ML), and artificial intelligence (AI) to drive critical business processes and open up new opportunities.
Digital accelerators offer a host of benefits for businesses regardless of industry because it addresses an organization’s core processes and makes them more in tune with modern digital solutions.
In Gartner’s recent Board of Directors survey, 7 out of 10 boards have stated that they have accelerated their digital business initiatives in the wake of the COVID-19 disruption.
Digital acceleration helps provide a framework for delivering solutions quickly and at scale through the establishment of best practices.
A digital accelerator can help businesses achieve the following:
- Decrease in costs while improving and maintaining quality
- Foster a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie by connecting people across the organization, regardless of department or function
- Help in scaling out knowledge faster across the organization
- Lessen IT team workload by training employees in technology and how it can help the business
- Create a future-proof business that can address digital challenges