What is Customer Care and Why Does It Matter?
Customer care is the business function that ensures maximum customer satisfaction, happiness, and success.
Some use the term interchangeably with customer service, but there is a difference. Customer care is about creating an ongoing relationship with the customer by providing a personalized experience and fulfilling their needs.
Customer care has a direct impact on revenue.
Here are a few reasons why:
- Good customer care and positive customer experiences positively impact loyalty, buying frequency, and customer value
- Customers are more likely to talk about bad experiences than good experiences
- One of the top reasons customers leave a brand is due to a bad customer experience
In the digital age, the user experience and the customer experience have become paramount. More satisfied customers are more loyal, more valuable, and more profitable.
There are a few ways that businesses can improve the customer experience through customer care:
- Friendly, courteous service
- Easy access to customer service representatives
- Simple, fast resolutions to problems
While some philosophies emphasize “delighting” customers, others stress the importance of quick, direct solutions.
In either case, customer care is a vital component of any business, whether their customers are consumers or other businesses.