Is Your Company Implementing Change Leadership?
Change is impossible without effective leadership, which is why change leadership has become a standard function in transforming businesses.
Organizations undergoing any type of change, from organizational to digital, face obstacles.
- Employees often resist change
- There can be disagreement among the leadership regarding the change itself or the direction of the change
- Planning, implementation, and resource management must be accounted for
Effectively dealing with obstacles such as these is critical for successful change. Setbacks should also be expected.
Change leaders use a variety of strategies to overcome hurdles, reduce resistance, achieve buy-in, and drive change.
Here are just a few:
- Accepting input from all employees during the early stages of decision-making via “total participation”
- Acknowledging resistance and effectively communicating reasons for change
- Rewarding appropriate, successful change and avoiding protection of the “old way” of doing things
- Create a positive vision for change
A vision — or a story — for the change will help communicate the message to everyone in the organization. This type of communication can help break down resistance and increase support.
Today’s digital workforce is under constant pressure to evolve. New workflows, methods, and software make it necessary for every company to constantly adapt.
Effective leadership improves the chances of success, increases support, and boosts employee productivity — before and after the change.