How Do You Maximize Employee Productivity?
Employee productivity refers to employees’ ability to produce high-quality work with the greatest efficiency.
This rate is calculated by comparing the amount of time inputted to the amount of work accomplished.
Productivity is a major concern for every employer since it represents the ROI of those employees.
Many factors can decrease employee productivity, such as:
- Distractions – Email, social media, interruptions from coworkers, and similar disruptions
- Employee Capability – Lack of skills, poor training, or inadequate knowledge
- Motivation – Employees’ desire to work
- Work Environment – Physical work environment, coworkers, or company culture
- Tools and Technology – Computers, software, and other job-related tools
The more that these areas can be improved, the more productive employees will be.
In many cases, low productivity originates with poor employee onboarding. As a result, a wide range of solutions have arisen to help solve those issues.
Here are just a few:
- Create a company culture that is positive, rewarding, and not restrictive
- Recruit employees that are the right fit for the company culture
- Consider digital workflows, such as remote work and online collaboration tools
- Ensure that employee onboarding, skills training, and orientation properly prepare employees for their life at the company
There is no one-size-fits-all solution for maximizing employee productivity.
Each organization should examine its own work environment, discover potential areas of improvement, then develop a tailor-made solution.