What Is Digital Process Automation?
Digital process automation refers to the automation of business processes.
Due to global market pressure to innovate, it has become a field in its own right.
Core features of digital process automation include:
- Automating, streamlining, and restructuring existing business processes
- Reorientation towards data-driven processes
- Renewed focus on the customer experience
In today’s digital environment, customers are empowered, forcing businesses to become more mobile, agile, and customer-centric. This is why characteristics such as these have become central features of digital businesses.
Digital process automation is directly tied to other digital transformation initiatives and concepts, such as:
- Digital Adoption – The integration of new software and technology into company workflows
- Digital Innovation – Using digital technology to solve existing business problems in new ways
- Digitization – The process of transitioning from a non-digital business into a digital one
There are a few platforms commonly used during digital process automation and digital transformation.
One is the digital adoption platform (DAP), which streamlines technology adoption, software training, and user onboarding.
Another is the digital automation platform, a platform that automates a variety of business functions.
Regardless of the tools, processes, or methods employed, digital process automation is a critical step for every business that wants to survive and thrive in today’s evolving marketplace.