What Is Digital Process Automation?
Digital process automation refers to the automation of business processes.
Due to global market pressure to innovate, it has become a field in its own right.
Core features of digital process automation include:
- Automating, streamlining, and restructuring existing business processes
- Reorientation towards data-driven processes
- Renewed focus on the customer experience
In today’s digital environment, customers are empowered, forcing businesses to become more mobile, agile, and customer-centric. This is why characteristics such as these have become central features of digital businesses.
Digital process automation is directly tied to other digital transformation initiatives and concepts, such as:
- Digital Adoption – The integration of new software and technology into company workflows
- Digital Innovation – Using digital technology to solve existing business problems in new ways
- Digitization – The process of transitioning from a non-digital business into a digital one
There are a few platforms commonly used during digital process automation and digital transformation.
Another is the digital automation platform, a platform that automates a variety of business functions.
Regardless of the tools, processes, or methods employed, digital process automation is a critical step for every business that wants to survive and thrive in today’s evolving marketplace.