What is Business Continuity Planning?
Business continuity planning is the process for organizations to create systems of prevention and recovery to deal with potential threats. Business continuity planning ensures that personnel and assets are protected and are able to function quickly in the event of a disaster. With business continuity planning, organizations can maintain business continuity and operate normally in times of crisis.
As COVID-19 persists, the primary concerns for organizations today will be supporting a remote workforce (#WFH) or remote learning (#LFH) and ensuring business-as-usual when it comes to everyday activities and longer-term initiatives.
Why is business continuity planning important?
A business needs to be prepared for all different potential crises that may impact its functionality. Currently, COVID-19 is severely affecting the global economy, and countless companies are struggling to maintain business continuity and ensure that their companies can function.
Business continuity planning takes into consideration potential threats that will impair a business’ infrastructure and implements measures to support growth, protect data, retain customers and reduce operating costs. If companies have a business continuity plan in place, that can make a big difference in their ability to minimize risk and even thrive during times of uncertainty.
How can a Digital Adoption Platform support business continuity planning?
A Digital Adoption Platform (DAP) is a multi-faceted platform that keeps employees engaged and informed through streamlined messaging, in-app and cross-app guidance for onboarding and training software and visibility and analytics into overall software application usage. DAP reduces dependency on support teams by enabling self-service support and specializes in customer continuity, providing both the tools and insights to enable organizations to serve customers, deliver value, maintain revenue, and empower remote workforces.
- Business continuity checklist
- Disaster recovery planning
- If you are in HR, business continuity is crucial to your activities. Read how HR professionals are maintaining their hiring, training and onboarding during uncertain times.
- COVID-19 has taken the world by surprise and companies are reeling from its impact. Learn how digital adoption can fuel productivity for remote workforces.
- IT departments are busier than ever since people have started learning and working from home. See how IT departments at universities can cope with this sudden shift and minimize excess support tickets.