How to Accelerate User Training with WalkMe for SAP Ariba
Using WalkMe for SAP Ariba training helps to quickly advance employee competency, proficiency, and productivity. WalkMe’s Digital Adoption Platform is an innovative, advanced training solution that:
- Automates and personalizes key portions of employee training
- Uses context-driven assistance to deliver the right information at the right time
- Helps organizations realize greater value from their software investments
Barriers to effective adoption with SAP Ariba can ariseSophisticated digital platforms such as SAP Ariba come with learning curves. In some cases, those learning curves can be quite steep, depending on the individual employee’s background, their tech-savvy, and the platform in question. These variables can make it difficult to implement traditional training techniques, such as classroom training, one-on-one guidance, or even online versions of these approaches. To earn the most from SAP Ariba, organizations should develop training strategies that account for common adoption challenges. For instance, such challenges include: Platform complexity. Some tools are more complicated than others. In many cases, this complexity is in direct proportion to the software’s potential business value. At the same time, though, this complexity also affects productivity, proficiency, and training metrics. The workplace culture. The company culture also plays a role in how employees learn and adopt new tools. Cultures that are digital, pro-learning, and open to change will adopt new software and workplace changes more readily. Productivity lags. Employees’ work stalls when they reach a task that they cannot complete. These minor roadblocks can add up, especially for users who are less proficient. Over time, productivity lags can build up into frustration or even burnout. Training tools, tactics, and strategies. Different training approaches deliver vastly different results. This is especially true when it comes to software training. Traditional training approaches, such as classroom training, underperform when compared to more modern techniques, such as contextualized learning. Training time. The longer the time-to-competency, the longer an employee remains unproductive. This increases the overall cost of training – not to mention the cognitive burden on an individual employee.
Dive Deeper: HOW TO DRIVE EMPLOYEE EXCELLENCE DURING SOFTWARE MIGRATIONTraining costs versus software ROI. The costs of training can be derived from the other concepts mentioned above. Productivity lags, time-to-competency, technical support costs, and related costs should all be balanced against the overall returns of a software investment. When developing an adoption plan for platforms such as SAP Ariba, it is important to consider these ideas. After all, the right employee training approach can make a substantial impact on the net returns of a software platform.
Prepare the ingredients for a successful digital adoption strategyDigital adoption doesn’t need to be overly sophisticated in order to be successful. However, it should be designed to meet the needs of today’s digital workplace. An effective digital adoption strategy should be built around:
- Training that is agile, effective, and relevant. Software changes quickly, and training must keep up. Not only should the information be relevant and up-to-date, training tactics should be responsive to the needs of employees and the organization.
- Simplified user experiences. The simpler the user experience, the less likely they are to suffer from frustration and burnout.
- Greater levels of competency and productivity. Competence and proficiency levels contribute a great deal to employee productivity and the value of the software platform.
- The right training tools and techniques. Training methods deliver different results depending on the circumstances. For instance, one method may be well-suited to software training, while another may not be.
- Setting goals such as these can help an organization extract the greatest value from its software implementation.
How Digital Adoption Platforms fuel trainingDigital Adoption Platforms are ideally suited for employee training and digital adoption.
WalkMe’s UX and training layer, for example, is powered by key features such as: Contextualized guidance. In-app guidance delivers information in the moment of need. Immediate, on-demand information allows users to immediately apply what they have learned, improving knowledge retention. Customizable walkthroughs. Step-by-step tutorials teach users how to complete tasks quickly and efficiently. These can then be edited as needed, to fit the specific needs of the business and its users. Analytics. Insight into user behavior can help training managers understand users’ needs, pinpoint errors, and make improvements as needed. Automation. Business process automation can free up employees for more valuable activities, while simultaneously improving productivity across the organization. When it comes to modern software training, WalkMe’s Digital Adoption Platform is an ideal choice.
Using #business process #automation and supporting digital adoption with digital learning solutions gives employees the best chance of being able to adapt.https://t.co/YTjp2F4VKc— WalkMe (@WalkMeInc) June 9, 2019